Ogdensburg Center for Sight
Ogdensburg is located near the Ogdensbury City Court.
Weekdays: 8:00am – 4:00pm
420 Ford Street
Ogdensburg, NY 13669
Email Our Ogdensburg Location
Eye Doctor in Ogdensburg, NY
Do you need an ophthalmologist? A multispecialty eye care practice offering a wide range of services in the Ogdensburg area, Center for Sight leads the way with superior patient care in a caring, friendly environment.
Eye care services include:
- Cataract Surgery – A common procedure to remove a cloudy lens from the eye and replace it with an artificial lens. It improves vision by restoring clarity and reducing the blurriness caused by cataracts, allowing individuals to see more clearly and perform daily activities with greater ease.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment – Macular degeneration is an eye condition where the central part of the retina deteriorates, leading to vision loss. It affects the ability to see fine details and central vision, making it challenging to read, recognize faces, or drive. Treatment aims to slow progression and manage symptoms to maintain quality of life.
- Blepharitis Treatment – Management of inflammation of the eyelids. It typically includes warm compresses, gentle eyelid hygiene, and lid scrubs to remove debris and bacteria. Antibiotic ointments or eye drops may be prescribed in some cases. Regular eyelid care helps alleviate symptoms like redness, itching, and irritation, promoting overall eye health.
- Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Surgery – A surgical procedure to enhance the appearance of the eyelids. It involves removing excess skin, fat, and muscle from the upper or lower eyelids. The goal is to rejuvenate the eyes, reduce puffiness, and improve the contour of the eyelids. Blepharoplasty can help achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
- Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment – Diabetic retinopathy is a complication of diabetes that affects the blood vessels in the retina. Over time, high blood sugar levels cause damage to the vessels, leading to vision problems. It may result in blurry vision, floaters, or even blindness if left untreated. Management includes controlling diabetes, regular eye exams, and treatment options like laser therapy or injections to prevent or manage the progression of the condition.
- Dry Eye Services – Dry eye treatment focuses on relieving symptoms and improving eye lubrication. It involves using artificial tears, lubricating ointments, or gels to moisturize the eyes. Warm compresses and lid hygiene help with gland function. Prescription medications, such as anti-inflammatory eye drops or tear-stimulating drugs, may be recommended. Lifestyle changes like avoiding dry environments or using humidifiers can also be helpful.
- Glaucoma Treatment – Aims to reduce intraocular pressure to prevent optic nerve damage. It includes eye drops, oral medications, or laser therapy to improve fluid drainage. In advanced cases, surgical options like trabeculectomy or implantable devices may be considered. Regular monitoring and adherence to treatment are crucial in managing glaucoma and preserving vision.
- LASIK Surgery – LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) is a popular refractive surgery for vision correction. It uses a laser to reshape the cornea, correcting nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. The procedure is quick and painless, offering improved vision without the need for glasses or contact lenses. Recovery is usually rapid, with minimal discomfort and a high success rate in achieving clearer vision.
- Low Vision Care – Focuses on helping individuals with significant visual impairment maximize their remaining vision. It involves comprehensive assessments, specialized aids, and strategies to enhance daily activities.
- Strabismus Treatment – Aims to correct misalignment of the eyes. It may involve eye exercises, glasses, or prisms to improve coordination. In some cases, surgery is performed to reposition eye muscles for better alignment. Early intervention is crucial to prevent vision problems and enhance depth perception.
Call or request an appointment online.